Varieties of hosting solutions
A hosting solution involves stockpiling and/or sharing particular content on a hosting server handled by a website hosting supplier. There are various kinds of hosting services used for various ends, so let's have a look at these. Doing so, you can decide what you want, based on whether you wish to establish a web portal, e-mail address accounts, or to share files with mates and colleagues.
- File hosting: a service distributed by some providers, which allows you to share large files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only function is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a record of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php website files in your browser. Free-of-cost file hosting packages are frequently supported by displaying ads beside the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a particular stretch of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you purchase a paid file storage account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limit in regard to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the help of the cPanel hosting merchants, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a totally incorrect explanation of the literal definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would assign the workload between separate sets of hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving different web site hosting services (mail, storage space, statistics, DNS, databases, Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is just a brand of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; specific vendors offer a hosting solution for images only. This hosting brand is appropriate if you would like to share a huge quantity of images with pals or partners since the solution is usually free of cost. You will receive a random link for every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a service dedicated to taking care of your e-mail accounts. Some distributors offer web hosting solutions for websites, but do not supply an e-mail hosting service. If you would like to keep an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to own a website, then the email hosting solution is what you require. You can create e-mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a particular video clip, or you can embed the video in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this method in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video clip brings about a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of video clips and a few hundred web page viewers, you may have a hard time with your website hosting reserves. Embedding the video will allow you to possess as many video clips as you wish without worrying about system resources.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you need if you want to run a site. To a certain extent, it consists of all of the aforesaid hosting types since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can run databases and email mailbox accounts, upload video files, etc. At Papa Hosting, for instance, you can examine web hosting and dedicated web hosting plans that permit you to have all of the aforementioned services in one location. There may be restrictions depending on the sort of hosting solution that you've selected - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your hosting package may be better or worse in comparison with the typical e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are intended for specific web content solely.